Child playing with lighter sparks house fire in Salisbury

1280 Price Road Fire

SALISBURY, Md. – Officials say a child playing with a lighter sparked a house fire in Salisbury Wednesday afternoon.

We’re told the fire was reported just before 4 p.m., at a house in the 800 block of Price Road. Firefighters with the Salisbury Fire Department responded to the blaze, which was placed under control in approximately 15 minutes.

Further investigation revealed that the fire began in a bedroom and was the result of the juvenile playing with a lighter. Total damage has been estimated at $130,000. The family was displaced by the fire and is currently being assisted by the Red Cross.

Categories: Local News, Maryland