Indian River School District announces reopening of some outdoor areas
SELBYVILLE, Del. – Indian River School District officials announced on Thursday that schools in the district will begin reopening some outdoor areas for public use beginning Monday, June 15th.
Reopenings and guidelines are as follows:
Athletic Field Use
- Youth sports and other types of physical activity for children may resume provided that participants can social distance at all times during the activities (no contact between participants and/or coaches)
- Participants should bring their own drinks and not use shared water fountains
- Coaches and staff (if applicable) must wear cloth face coverings in accordance with the State of Emergency order
- Program coordinators should make hand sanitizer or handwashing stations readily available for employees/participants
- Programs utilizing school fields must submit a district “Facility Use” form prior to the first session
- Visitors must maintain proper social distancing while walking or running on the track
Pickleball and Tennis Courts
- Pickleball and tennis courts will be open to the public as long as participants maintain proper social distancing on the courts
- Spectators must also follow social distancing guidelines
As general guidance, cloth face coverings must be worn in accordance with the State of Emergency order, and individuals or teams must have hand sanitizer readily available. Individuals who are not part of a household should maintain six feet apart.