Talbot Co. commercial building fire deemed accidental

1280 Easton Fire New

EASTON, Md. – Maryland fire officials say a three alarm fire that broke out at an Easton commercial building early Saturday morning was accidental in nature.

Firefighters were dispatched to the blaze at around 6:40 a.m., at 8050 Industrial Park Road. More than 100 firefighters responded from Talbot, Caroline, and Dorchester Counties to assist, placing the fire under control within a few hours.

State fire investigators were called to the scene, ultimately determining the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within a commercial scissor lift being stored inside of the property.

We’re told the property is a 55,000 square foot storage facility owned by Konsyl Pharmaceuticals. Due to the size of the property, estimated damages exceed $1 million. No injuries were reported in the incident.

Categories: Local News, Maryland