Milford mobile home fire deemed accidental

MILFORD, Del. – Officials say a fire that damaged a mobile home in Milford Thursday morning was accidental.

The fire was reported just after 7 a.m. in the 500 block of Holly Hill Road, between Front Street and School Street. The Houston Fire Company responded to the call, and with assistance from neighboring fire companies, the blaze was placed under control just before 8 a.m.

Deputy State Fire Marshals conducted an investigation, determining that the fire began in the living room and was caused by a failure in an operating electric space heater. No injuries were reported, and fire damage has been estimated at $25,000.

Categories: Delaware, Local News