DPH announces additional death, cases, and recoveries
SMYRNA, Del. – The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) announces an additional death in the state related to COVID-19.
In total, 16 Delawareans have passed due to complications from the coronavirus. The most recent death involves a man in his late 60’s from Sussex County who had underlying health conditions.
Here are the latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics:
- 928 total laboratory-confirmed cases
- New Castle County cases: 571
- Kent County cases: 147
- Sussex County cases: 210
- Males: 415; Females: 497; Unknown: 16
- Age range: 1 to 97
- Currently hospitalized: 147; Critically ill: 52
- Delawareans recovered: 144
- 7,628 negative cases
DPH says they’ll report the number of individuals hospitalized and those in critical condition in state hospitals including both Delaware and non-Delaware residents.