Dorchester Co. house fire ruled accidental

1280 Madison Fire

MADISON, Md. – Maryland State Fire Officials say a fire that heavily damaged a Dorchester County home Thursday evening was accidental.

We’re told the two alarm fire was reported shortly after 7 p.m., at a residence at 1306 Taylors Island Road. Approximately 50 firefighters responded to the scene, and the fire was placed under control an hour and a half later.

Officials say the fire began in the chimney of the home. Total fire damage has been estimated at $270,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland