Dover man charged in connection to multiple previously unsolved burglaries
DOVER, Del. – Police say a man who was arrested late last week for robbing a bakery has been connected to nine other commercial burglaries.
56-year-old Samuel Curtis was arrested last Friday morning after it was learned during a traffic stop that he had just burglarized the Bavarian Bakery. As a result of that arrest, detectives were able to obtain further evidence linking Curtis to multiple unsolved commercial burglaries, including comparisons of surveillance images from some of the incidents to Curtis.
Curtis was linked to the following burglaries:
- Diamond State Grill – January 2019
- Georgia Boys Bagels – February 2019
- Mod Pizza and Kirkland’s – February 2019
- Good News Natural Foods Store – February 2019
- Merle Norman Cosmetics – March 2019
- Longhorn Steakhouse – July 2019
- Red Wings Shoe Store – October 2019
- Little School at Kids Cottage – November 2019
Curtis has been charged with ten counts of third degree burglary, ten counts of theft, ten counts of criminal mischief, and four counts of wearing a disguise during the commission of a felony. He is being held at SCI on a $22,000 secured bond.