A family recovering after fire and loss of house

SALISBURY, Md.- A family of four now has no place to call home after their house caught fire over the weekend.

The fire broke out at their home on 900 Monoa Blvd. in Salisbury on Saturday, after an outlet that the family did not even know was there overheated.

The home owners said they were in their rooms when the fire broke out.

Fortunately, everybody made it out safely, but the home is a total loss.

Now, the family is staying at a hotel and is trying to make the best of their situation, as the wounds are still fresh.

“It’s a fire and I ran around the corner and it was just flames everywhere, like the whole side wall where our bay window was just in flames,” Victoria Maddox, home owner, said. “10 years of building everything is gone, like I cant, when we went the next day like you can feel it in your body it physically hurts.”

The community is rallying around the family to help them get through this tough time.

There is a gofundme page that has been set up; you can donate at https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-family-that-lost-everything-in-a-house-fire.

Categories: Local News, Maryland