Electrical malfunction sparks Del. house fire

MILLVILLE, Del. – Officials say an electrical malfunction caused $75,000 worth of damage to a Millville home, early Sunday morning.

According to the Delaware State Fire Marshal, crews responded to the 35000 block of Hoot Owl Lane just before 3 a.m. When they arrived, they found the attached garage well involved with fire extending into the home. Crews were on the scene for about two and a half hours before the investigation was turned over to the Delaware State Fire Marshal.

Investigators determined a malfunction of electrical wiring inside the garage caused the blaze. Officials say smoke alarms inside the home alerted the residents to the fire.

Heavy fire damage is estimated at $75,000 including exposure damage to the neighbor’s house. Luckily, there were no reported injuries.

Categories: Delaware, Local News