Electrical failure responsible for Queen Anne’s Co. motel fire

CENTREVILLE, Md. – Maryland Fire Marshals say an electric failure is responsible for a fire that broke out at a Centreville motel Monday morning.

Officials say the blaze broke out at around 10:30 a.m., at the Hillside Motel at 2630 Centreville Road. We’re told that 50 firefighters responded, and the fire was controlled in approximately 50 minutes.

Further investigation revealed that the fire started in the attic. Damage has been estimated at $60,000. It was also learned that three tenants were reportedly renting three separate units of the motel, but they were not on the premises at the time of the fire, and no damage occurred in the rented spaces.

Categories: Local News, Maryland