Summerfest event series kicks off in Wicomico County
SALISBURY, Md. – It was a beautiful day outside for Wicomico County to kick off their brand new summerfest event. Officials say the free event series is focused on providing cool, unique themed experiences for kids to enjoy. Each week will be a different theme for kids to engage in with nature experiences, STEM activities, and much more. And what makes this event even better? It’s all free. We’re told food and drinks will also be given out for free to the first 200 kids who come to these events. Officials add that summerfest is just another way to positively impact the youth, and give them something to do.
“I’m thrilled that we are able to do this number one for free or the community that’s the biggest thing you want to make sure everyone can get to it that it’s accessible and it’s fun for everybody. That’s the whole point of this is let’s get kids out let’s get them playing let’s get them doing something different and kind of positively channeling everything,” said Recreation Superintendent James Simmons.
Officials add that these events will be held every Thursday from now until August 15th from 5-8 p.m. For a full list of the schedule, check below:
- June 20: Sport Spectacular at Billy Gene Jackson Sr. Park
- June 27: Discover STEAM at Doverdale Park
- July 11: Splash Bash at Indian Village Playground
- July 18: Back to Nature at Billy Gene Jackson Sr. Park
- July 25: Movin’ & Groovin’ at Doverdale Park
- Aug. 1: Bouncin’ Around at Lake Street Playground
- Aug. 15: Summer Sendoff at Waterside Park