UPDATE: DelDOT warning motorists of storm related road closures
2:45 p.m. UPDATE: Several roadways have reopened in Sussex County following last night’s storms.
The following roads remain closed at this time:
- Airport Road from Old Hickory Road to Dogwood Road – is expected to reopen this afternoon
- US 13 southbound (one lane is closed) from Boyce Road to Discount Land Road – will remain closed for several days
- Camp Road from Seaford Road to Discount Road – will remain closed indefinitely
SUSSEX CO., Del. – The Delaware Department of Transportation is warning motorists of numerous road closures throughout Sussex County due to flooding caused by last night’s storms.
The following roadways are closed:
- US 13 southbound (one lane is closed) from Boyce Road to Discount Land Road
- Colonial Road from Waller Road to Discount Land Road
- Camp Road from Seaford Road to Discount Road
- Discount Land Road from Seaford Road to Firetower Road
- Firetower Road from County Seat Highway to Concord Road
- Woodland Ferry Road from Old Sailor Road to Seaford Road
- Airport Road from Old Hickory Road to Dogwood Road
- Seaford Road from Camp Road to Discount Land Road
- Concord Road from Firetower Road to County Seat Highway
- Baker Mill Road from Pepper Road to Asbury Road
- East Trap Pond Road from Substation Road to Parker Road
- Warrington Road from Baker Mill Road to Asbury Road
Motorists should drive with caution on roads, pay attention to barricades and do not drive through standing water. If you approach a flooding roadway, turn around and take an alternate route to your destination. If no other route is available, you should go to higher ground and wait for water to subside.