Cambridge house fire ruled accidental

CAMBRIDGE, Md. – Maryland fire officials say a weekend house fire in Cambridge has been ruled accidental.

The fire was reported just before 10 a.m. Saturday, at 618 Douglas Street. 10 firefighters responded to the blaze, which took approximately 20 minutes to control.

Officials say the fire began in the kitchen was the result of a water heater problem. Fire damage was estimated at $20,000.

We’re also told the American Red Cross is helping the family.

Categories: Local News, Maryland