Morning house fire under investigation in Salisbury

SALISBURY, Md. – Officials are investigating a house fire that happened Tuesday morning in Salisbury.

Three crews responded to the scene in the 700 block of Camden Avenue around 11 AM.

We’re told the blaze started in the back right hand corner of the two story home. A grandmother and her grandchild were reportedly trapped inside the home when officials first arrived on scene, but they were able to escape safely and were taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center out of precaution.

Fire officials have ruled the fire as accidental, and say it started as a result of an unattended candle.

Crews were able to save some of the families’ wrapped Christmas presents that were inside the home.