Monday Memo – December 18, 2017
TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 18 DECEMBER 2017
IT’S BEEN A GREAT RIDE! The 21 ½ years that I have spent at 47ABC has been a wonderful experience for me and I hope it has been and will continue to be the same for you. I consider myself a very lucky person to have been able to work in and serve at a Station and in a community that is very near and dear to my heart…..and to do so with folks that I genuinely like. We were a great team and I know you will support Teri Monahan, as you have supported me, when she steps into my office on January 1.
This is my last Monday Memo because the next two Mondays of this year are Holidays. Teri will pick up the Monday Memo duties in January and I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing as she continues to write and post happenings.
If any of you wish to stay in touch, my personal email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell remains the same at 443.783.5110. Thanks for all you have done to support me and, well, just for being you! My very best wishes for a wonder-filled Holiday Season and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018.
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY:
- • This past Wednesday, we had a group of second grade students from Beaver Run Elementary School visit our studios. Meteorologists Daniel John and Jean Vivola gave the students a tour of the Station and answered questions about weather and broadcasting. The students chosen for the trip were considered “community helpers” at their school.
- • This past Thursday was our Bell Ringing Day for Salvation Army. While the weather was not as cold as Wednesday, if you were outside for any length of time, the wind was brutal. Special thanks to all of our volunteers who volunteered their time to ring bell for Salvation Army. They included Jaisol Martinez Ortiz, Michelle Mackonochie, Shane Johnson, Chantel Carroll, Travon Miles, Larry Fortino, Darcie Balfany, Phil Bankert, Linda DiGrazio, Sarah Truitt, Julie Duer, Jessica Simpson, Leland Miller, Don Gaul, Ed Czerwinski, Breck Eady, Ken & Theresa Evans, Ryan Eldredge, Daniel Johnson, Julian Sadur, Justina Coronel and Dani Bozzini. My apologies if I missed anyone.
- • Tomorrow, Teri Monahan, Phil Bankert, Greg LaFrance and I will be representing our Stations at the Economic Forecast at Salisbury University, followed by a lunch with the Eastern Shore Delegation.
- • Wednesday afternoon, I will pay my respects to family of Pete Richardson, auctioneer and station client who was very active in our community. Pete passed away last week and most recently had been working on the Wicomico County Compensation and Allowance Commission with me.
ABC’S SPECIALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Tonight at 8 = season finale of “The Great Christmas Light Fight”
- • Tonight at 10 = “The Year in Memoriam 2017”
- • Tomorrow night at 8 = Wonderful World of Disney: “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” followed by “Prep & Landing 2: Naughty vs Nice”
- • Tomorrow at 9 = “The Year 2017”
- • Thursday at 8 = “A Charlie Brown Christmas”
- • Saturday at 9 = “CMA Country Christmas”
- • Sunday at 8 = “Beauty and the Beast”
CW SPECIALS THIS WEEK:
- • Tonight at 8 = “Popstar’s Best of 2017”
- • Tonight at 9 = “The Hollywood Walk of Fame Honors 2017”
- • Tomorrow at 8 = “Big Game”
- • Wednesday at 8 = “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”
- • Wednesday at 9 = “The Top 12 Greatest Christmas Movies of all Time”
- • Friday at 8 = “Masters of Illusion: Christmas Magic”
- • Friday at 9 = “Greatest Commercials Countdown 2017”
- • Sunday at 8 = The CW Movie: “Happy Christmas”
SUNDAY AFTERNOON ME-TV HOLIDAY SPECIALS
- • 1-1:30 = “Gilligan’s Island: Birds Gotta Fly, Fish Gotta Talk”
- • 1:30 – 2PM = “Happy Days: Christmas Time”
- • 2-4PM = “Scrooge” (1970, starring Albert Finney, Alec Guinness)
“BIG DEALS” THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Monday = DePietro’s NY Pizzeria in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Tuesday = Texas Roadhouse in Camden, DE ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Wednesday = Riverwalk Café in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- • Thursday = Planet Maze in Ocean City ($40 voucher for $20)
- • Friday = Tune Your Palate/Paul Cullen ($1,000 voucher for $500)
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- • Thursday is Humbug Day, the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year
- • Friday is Be a Lover of Silence Day
- • Saturday is the 30th anniversary of the first non-stop flight around the world without refueling
- • Sunday is Christmas Eve
WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- • MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- • Studio Tech (part time): see Matt Sigler
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!