Monday Memo – September 18, 2017
TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 18 SEPTEMBER 2017
- Congratulations to Travon Miles, who has been promoted to Sports Director.
REMINDER TO SIGN UP!
If you haven’t already done so, check status of your free basic membership at the YMCA and make the necessary notations. Information is posted across from the time clock at the Employee entrance. The deadline for signups is 30 September. Be fit, stay healthy!
OUT IN THE COMMUNITY
- Terri Mahoney received her “Volunteer of the Year” award at last Tuesday’s OC Awards Banquet. Helping celebrate this significant award were Sales Manager Phil Bankert and Digital Director Greg LaFrance.
- I will represent us at the United Way CEO Breakfast at Salisbury University this Thursday morning.
WINNERS of the Raven Gift Boxes in last week’s drawing are Talon Foreman, Lindsy Adkins, Charles Roberts and Alexandria Harris. Wear those Ravens t-shirts with pride!
MORE FREE STUFF!
- We have four Hot Bench caps this week, one of which is modeled here by our own Tamara Horn. Four caps, four winners. Tamara does NOT come with one of the caps! Sign-up sheet is at the usual place by the employee entrance. Winners will be drawn Friday morning and announced in the next Monday Memo.
- We received three posters last week, one each of
- “Family Guy”
- “Bob’s Burgers”
- “Modern Family”
If you would like one or more of these posters, they are on the table in the Conference Room. Help yourself. Posters not claimed by Wednesday, will be tossed.
NOT QUITE FREE, BUT OF INTEREST TO MANY: Wawa’s coffee is now a buck a cup, regardless of size, until mid-October. Their pumpkin spice is also available
A VISIT FROM THE OWNERS: Pat and Brian Lane will be in the Station this Friday. Their schedule will be available at a later date.
REMINDER TO SALES
- OSI will shut down at 5PM on Wednesday for upgrades.
MIKE SEIDEL, Weather Channel guru and WMDT alumnus, was featured in a front page article of the Daily Times on Friday. A copy of the article has been placed in the Coffee Table book in the Lobby.
ONE ANNIVERSARY OF NOTE!
- Jeff Smith will celebrate his 33rd anniversary with our Stations tomorrow.
Thanks Jeff, for all you do across all the many company platforms and for regularly rescuing those of us less skillful with technology!
THE SARAH FOXWELL STORY will be on “Crime Watch Daily at 10AM this morning.
ONE PREMIERE AND FOUR SEASON FINALES ON 47 ABC THIS WEEK
- Tonight at 8 is the 2-hour season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars”
- Tomorrow at 10 is the season finale of “Somewhere Between”
- Friday at 9 is the season finale of “What Would You Do?”
- Sunday at 9 is the season finale of Steve Harvey’s “FUNDERDOME”
- Sunday at 10 is the season finale of “The $100,000 Pyramid”
CHANGES IN LOCALLY PRODUCED PROGRAMMING ON 47 ABC FOR THIS WEEK
- There will be no 6PM newscast on Saturday, due to ABC College Football.
- DSI will be moved from 7PM on Saturday to 12 noon on Sunday due to football.
- 11PM newscast on Saturday is likely to get pushed back due to football
ONE TIME ONLY: RAVENS PROGRAMMING WILL MOVE TO CW3 DUE TO TEAM’S SCHEDULE
- “Ravens Wired” moves from Sunday at 10:30AM on 47 ABC to Saturday, 9/23, at 2:30PM on CW3
- “Ravens Unscripted” moves from Sunday at 11AM on 47 ABC to Saturday, 9/23 at 3PM on CW3
- “Ravens Report” moves from Sunday at 11:30AM on 47 ABC to Saturday, 9/23 at 3:30PM on CW3
BIG DEALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- Monday = Micky Fins in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
- Wednesday = Jules Restaurant in Ocean City ($20 voucher for $10)
- Friday = Reggae Soul in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Month
ALL THIS WEEK IS
- Build a Better Image Week
- National Rehabilitation Awareness Celebration
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Week
- National Farm Safety and Health Week
- National Historically Black Colleges and Universities Week
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
- Thursday is the start of the Islamic New Year,
- Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year (and)
- Gratitude Day
- Friday is the anniversary of the Ice Cream Cone (1903),
- National Centenarian’s Day
- American Business Women’s Day (and)
- First Day of Autumn
- Saturday is National Hunting and Fishing Day (and)
- Read Across America Day
WE CURRENTLY HAVE FOUR IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
- MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
- Media Specialist (full time): see Phil Bankert
- Sports Reporter (full time): See Sarah Truitt
- Studio Technician (part time): See Matt Sigler
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!