Monday Memo – August 28, 2017
TO: ALL STAFF
DATE: 28 AUGUST 2017
Welcome aboard to Verlisha Taylor. Lisa, as she prefers to be called, started with us on 16 August as a Studio Tech. She has five years of extensive involvement in community engagement and customer service. She is proficient in social media, web content and digital publishing in addition to non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Audition, digital photography and MS office. Her prior professional work experience includes WEAA 88.9 FM in Baltimore and an internship at Firelight Media in New York City. She holds a B.S. in Communications, Broadcast & Integrated Media from Morgan State University. Please join me in welcoming her to our Team.
HOW ARE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS?
Reminder: you have until Friday, 1 September, to submit photos of the lifestyle, beauty and assets in Wicomico County for Wicomico County Tourism’s 2017 Photo Contest. Nature, cultural attractions, wineries, breweries, festivals, events and historical sites are just some of the photo opportunities the County has to offer. Creativity is welcome. There will be first, second and third place winners. Winners will receive cash prizes. Go to the Wicomico County Tourism website and click on 2017 Photo Contest for details on how to enter. I’d love to have someone from 47ABC nail it!! Good luck.
We have three ceramic coffee cups from Judge Judy’s “Hot Bench” show that we air weekdays at 3PM. We have 3 coffee cups, so we will have three winners. The drawing for these mugs will be next Friday morning, 8 September and the winners announced in the next Monday Memo. The sign-up sheet will be posted later today.
• Posters: We have posters from ABC for four of this Fall’s new season launches. If you would like one (or more), they are on the table in the Conference Room. Offer good while supplies last!
o “The Good Doctor” (2)
o “Ten Days in the Valley (3)
o “The Mayor” (3)
o Marvel’s “Inhumans” (1)
We have four terrific seats plus a parking pass for the one remaining game this season. If you are interested, give Tamara a call at x 396.
o Sunday, 3 September 5:05PM game time
• Live performances:
We have received four tickets for each of the following shows at the Freeman Stage at Bayside in Selbyville. The events are actually free, but you have to have a ticket to ensure admission:
Thursday, August 31 = Shakespeare’s Hamlet by Brown Box Theatre Project
Saturday, September 2 = Uncle Pete Rocks
Saturday, September 2 = Labor Day Celebration with Mid Atlantic Symphony
The parameters are as follows
• It is BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair)
• You must have your ticket with you
• Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
• It is an outdoor venue, so weather will be a consideration
• For more information, go to facebook.com/freemanstage or call 302.436.3015
To request your tickets, see Tamara Horn or call her at X 396. Offer good while supply lasts!
COMINGS & GOINGS
• Hayley Milon finished up on Friday
CONGRATULATIONS TO INDIVIDUALS CELEBRATING ANNIVERSARIES WITH OUR STATIONS:
• Esquire Conway is celebrating his 10th anniversary with our Stations today
• Lindsy Adkins will be with us 9 years tomorrow (and)
• Phil Bankert 24 years on 7 September
I thank all of you for your many contributions to the success of our Stations.
47 ABC POLITICAL INSIDER WITH BEN CARDIN IN THE 47ABC NEWS HOUR
• Next Week, 4-8 September, Ryan Eldredge will provide a week of one-on-one interviews with US Senator Ben Cardin as he talks about the changing landscape of his 30 years in office and shares his plans on uniting government and keeping Maryland’s interests a priority.
PRIMETIME SPECIALS ON 47 ABC THIS WEEK AND NEXT INCLUDE
• This Sunday at 7PM = the ABC Fall Preview Special (1/2 hour)
• Thursday, 9/7, at 9 = season finale of “Battle of the Network Stars”
• Thursday, 9/7, at 10 = season finale of “The Gong Show”
• Friday, 9/8, at 8 = “EIF Presents: XQ Super School Live”
• Next Sunday, 9/10 at 9PM = “The 2018 Miss America Competition”
RAVENS SPECIAL TALK SHOWS BEGIN IN DAYTIME THE WEEKEND AFTER LABOR DAY
• Sunday morning, 10 September, at
o 11AM = “Ravens Unscripted”
o 11:30 = “Ravens Report”
o 12PM = “Ravens Rap”
o 12:30 = out of time period airing of “DSI” due to ABC College Football
PRIMETIME SPECIALS ON DELMARVA’S CW3 FOR THIS WEEK INCLUDES
• Thursday, 8/31, at 7:30 = NFL Preseason Football: Baltimore Ravens @ New Orleans Saints
BIG DEALS THIS WEEK INCLUDE
• Monday = Peaky’s Restaurant in Princess Anne ($20 voucher for $10)
• Wednesday = Red Door Sub Shop in Salisbury ($20 voucher for $10)
• Friday = 911 Airsoft in Greenwood, DE ($60 voucher for $30)
• National Preparedness Month
• Fall Hat Month
• Happy Cat Month (and)
• National Service Dog Month
WEEK-LONG EVENTS INCLUDE
• National Waffle Week (3rd to 9th)
• National Suicide Prevention Week (4th to 10th)
SPECIAL DAYS THIS WEEK AND NEXT INCLUDE
• Today is Bow Tie Day
• Tomorrow is Chop Suey Day
• Wednesday is Toasted Marshmallow Day
• Friday is Bring Your Manners to Work Day
• Next Monday is Labor Day in both the US and Canada…celebrate safely
• September 8 = National Dog Walker Appreciation Day
• September 9 = Wonderful Weirdos Day
• September 10 = National Grandparents Day
WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO IMMEDIATE OPENINGS:
• MCO (part time/ fill in; potential for full time): see Ken Evans
• Sports Reporter (full time): See Sarah Truitt
In-house candidates are encouraged to contact the respective Supervisor at their earliest convenience. If you know of someone who has the necessary qualifications and would be a good addition to our Team, please share the information about these openings with them. Brief job descriptions are posted on both bulletin boards and applications and more information can be found on our website. Marquee Broadcasting, Inc., along with its holdings, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Make it a great week!