Several snack brands recalled after peanut reside left off label
Several different brands of snack products have been pulled from shelves, after an allergen was apparently left off of the ingredient list.
Giant Food says several Kellogg Company, and Mars Chocolate North America products that may contain peanut residue, have been recalled, after that information was apparently left off the ingredient list.
Officials say the items, which include Keebler, Kellogg’s Special K brownies, Murray, Famous Amos snacks and cookie products, and COMBOS are safe to eat for those who don’t have a peanut allergy, but those with severe peanut allergies are being advised to avoid the recalled products because of peanut residue in these products.
The amount of peanut exposure from use of the recalled products is low, according to Giant, and not expected to cause adverse health effects in the vast majority of peanut allergic consumers.
The following are included in this recall:
· Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Blondie, 6 ct., UPC 3800073819 with Best By Dates of JAN 01 2017 – JAN 02 2017
· Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Fudge, 6 ct., UPC 3800076434 with a Best By Date of JAN 03 2017
· Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Disney – Cinnamon, 2.2 oz., UPC 3010010957 with a Best By Date of JAN 06 17 FK
· Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Cinnamon, 12 ct., UPC 3010010955 with Best By Dates of JAN 05 17; JAN 20 17 and JAN 21 17
· Keebler E.L. Fudge Double Stuffed Sandwich Cookies, 12 oz., UPC 3010020363 with Best By Dates of JAN 06 17 through JAN 08 17
· Keebler Animals Crackers, 2.4 oz., UPC 3010010850 with Best By Dates of DEC 19 16 through JAN 04 17
· Murray Ginger Snaps Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies, 16 oz., UPC 8201110007 with Best By Dates of JAN 01 17 and JAN 04 17
· Famous Amos Cookies Double Chocolate Chip, 12.4 oz., UPC 7667710060 with Best By Dates of JAN 04 17 through JAN 05 17
· Famous Amos Cookies Chocolate Chip Pecan, 12.4 oz., UPC 7667754107 with a Best By Date of JAN 14 17
· Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies, 2.7 oz. cup, UPC 7667710033 with Best By Dates of DEC 11 16; DEC 14 16 and DEC 15 16
· Keebler Gripz Variety On the Go Pack, 14 ct., UPC 30100010525 with Best By Dates of DEC 09 16 through DEC 11 16
The following products, with a Best Before date ranging from March 2017 to April 2017 on the back of the package, are included in this recall:
- COMBOS Cheddar Cheese Pretzel – Family Peg Pack, 6.3 oz., UPC 4141942005 with the following Code Dates: 613EAALB01; 613EBALB01; 613ECALB01; 613FAALB01; 613FBALB01; 614FAALB01; 614FBALB01 or 614FCALB01
- COMBOS Pizzeria Pretzel – Medium Bag, 6.3 oz., UPC 4141942006 with the following Code Dates: 613FBALB01; 613FCALB01; 613GAALB01; 613GBALB01; 614DCALB01; 614EAALB01; 614EBALB01 or 614ECALB01
- COMBOS Cheddar Cheese Cracker – Family Peg Pack, 6.3 oz., UPC 4141942007 with the following Code Dates: 614AAALB01; 614ABALB01; 614ACALB01 or 614BAALB01
- COMBOS Buffalo Blue Cheese Pretzel – Family Peg Pack, 6.3 oz., UPC 4141942011 with the following Code Dates: 614CAALB01; 614CBALB01; 614CCALB01; 614DAALB01 or 614DBALB01
Those who have purchased any of these items should throw away any unused portions, and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
For more information about the recall, contact Kellogg Company at 800-962-1413, Mars at 800-556-7881, or Giant Food Customer Service at 1-888-469-4426.