Unattended cooking fire displaces Princess Anne family

Officials say unattended cooking was to blame is a fire at a Princess Anne townhouse.

The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal says a neighbor discovered the blaze at the two story townhouse on Queens Grant Drive, around 6:20 PM on Wednesday.

Officials say 30 firefighters from the Princess Anne Fire Department responded to the scene, and had the flames under control in about 20 minutes.

No injuries were reported. Damages are estimated to total $100,000.

Investigators say the fire was accidental, and started on the kitchen stove, with unattended cooking. Officials say the family was displaced by the fire, and is now being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Local News, Maryland