Garage fire in Parsonsburg ruled accidental

An outbuilding fire in Parsonsburg, has been ruled as accidental.

The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal says on Tuesday just before 2:50 AM, the owner of a 41′ x 48′ wood framed residential outbuilding on Johnson Road, discovered flames.

Forty firefighters from the Parsonsburg Fire Department responded to the scene, and had the flames under control in about 25 minutes. Investigators say the fire started inside of the garage, and has been ruled as accidental, as it started with the wood stove.

The owner of the property reportedly received minor burns while attempting to put out the fire. He was treated on the scene by Parsonsburg EMS. Total damages are estimated at $75,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland