2 adults, 4 children treated for possible CO exposure

Emergency officials say two women and four children were taken to hospitals for treatment for possible exposure to carbon monoxide at a home in Bear.

New Castle County paramedics say they were sent to the home shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday and found the occupants suffering from symptoms including nausea, vomiting, headaches, dizziness and shortness of breath. Authorities found that a generator had been running inside the home all day.

The occupants were two women, ages 52 and 34, and four girls, ages 13, 9, 7 and 5. All were taken to hospitals for treatment. Paramedics say their condition was stable when they were transported.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that’s produced as a byproduct of burning gasoline and other fuels. Exposure to high concentrations can be fatal.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Categories: Delaware, Local News