Millington farmhouse fire ruled accidental

A house fire in Queen Anne’s County was reportedly caused by an electrical failure.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the flames started just after 5:00 AM on Wednesday, in the attic of the Jones Farm Lane farmhouse, in Millington.

Thirty firefighters with the Millington Fire Department apparently responded, and reportedly had the blaze under control in 20 minutes.

No injuries were reported. The cause has been ruled as accidental, due to an electrical wire failure. Damages are estimated to total $55,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland