Bayside Power Poll- December 20, 2014
With the Christmas break upon us, I sat and compiled these rankings and analysis.
Please feel free to contact me @TMiles47ABC with your opinion!
1. Parkside Rams (6-0) The Rams are special. With senior guard Dajour Diggs leading the way, the sky is the limit. The Bayside’s best all-around player, Diggs is dialed in whether they are up 30 or down 10. Combine him with athletic freak-of-nature Colen Gaynor and one of the deepest squads in the state, and this team has a legit chance to make some noise come March.
2. WiHi Indians (5-0) The Indians enter the break undefeated, coming off a big win at Pocomoke. I like the starting 5, but the Indians are very thin on the bench. I’m sure that veteran coaching staff will come up with ways to hide that.
3. Washington Jaguars (4-1) I can’t express how much I like this team. The camaraderie they play with is tops in the conference. The Jags are a well oiled machine, with a great coach to back them.
4. Pocomoke Warriors (5-1) Coach Fooks and his team get it done with defense. The young Warriors are scrappy and took everyone by surprise getting off to their hot start, except for me. I expect Pocomoke to be there til the end, its very hard to keep a team down that plays as hard as they do.
5. Bennett Clippers (3-3) Jorden Duffy is Mr. Do-It-All for the Clippers. They do have some talent surrounding him, but as inconsistent as it has been, its a surprise that the Clippers are at .500. Bennett’s talent showed when they had #1 Parkside down late in the fourth quarter of their game, but their inconsistencies peeked again when they turned it over 5 times in the final three minutes. Thats how you remain a .500 team.
1. Kent County (5-2) With a bunch of athletes spread around the court, the Trojans are lethal. I fully expect them to be in the case for 1A
2. Queen Anne’s (4-3) The Lions got smashed at South #5, yet they are the North’s #2, and that is a sign that the Bayside South trumps the north in talent this year. Nevertheless the Lions are doing a good job and are 4-2 since opening night.
3. Colonel Richardson Colonels (3-3) The Colonels got a big win on the road at Crisfield, but have disappointed since.
4. Cambridge Vikings (3-3) Cambridge has some good wins but a very bad loss to Snow Hill.
5. North Caroline Bulldogs (3-3) Hearing some ok things about this young team. More consistency will get them higher on this list.