Officials rule Dorchester Co. fire as accidental

Courtesy of Office of the Maryland  State Fire Marshal

Officials have ruled a Cambridge house fire as accidental after they say it resulted in $100,000 in damages.

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal says on Wednesday, just before 7:30 PM, the Rescue Fire Company responded to two-story-house fire in the 800 block of Locust Street. Officials report that the two-story home was converted in to two apartments. 

According to the report, 30 firefighters worked to put out the fire in 30 minutes. The blaze reportedly caused 100,000 in estimated total damages.

Authorities report that the accidental fire was caused by unattended cooking in the kitchen. No one was injured during the incident. 
 

Categories: Local News, Maryland

More: