Officials: Cause identified in Caroline County fire

Courtesy of the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal

Authorities have identified the cause of an accidental mobile home fire after they say it caused $20,000 in total damages, in Caroline County. 

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal says on Monday, just before 1:55 PM, the Goldsboro Volunteer Fire Company responded to a trailer fire in the 16800 block of Henderson Road. Once on scene, 25 firefighters reportedly worked to control the fire in 10 minutes.

Authorities report that the fire began on the outside of the home and caused $20,000 in total damages. Officials say a smoke alarm was present, but it is unknown if it activated.

Officials say the fire was ruled accidental. According to the report, the fire started as a result of sparks coming from a pellet stove exterior exhaust vent, which ignited leaves near the mobile home.

No one was injured in this incident.
 

Categories: Local News, Maryland

More: