No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified

Photo courtesy of the Dover Fire Company

No one was injured in a Kent County house fire after officials say they have identified the cause of the fire that resulted in $50,000 in damages. 

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says on Tuesday, just after 11:15 AM, the Camden-Wyoming Fire Company was assisted by the Dover and Hartly Fire Companies in responding to a two-story house fire, in the 1400 block of Jebb Road. Once on scene, officials say smoke and fire was coming from the two-story home. 

According to the report, no one was injured as the fire was placed under control shortly before 12:00 PM.

Authorities determined that the blaze was caused by ignited clothing material that was hanging above a wood stove to dry in the first floor living room. The fire apparently entered the wall and traveled up to the attic of the home with fire damage present on all levels of the home. 

Officials report that damages caused by the fire are estimated at $50,000 and occupants of the home are staying with family members. 
 

Categories: Delaware, Local News

More: