UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire

Photo courtesy of the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office

Authorities have determined the cause of a Dorchester County house fire after they say it caused $100,000 in damages.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal says on Monday, at 9:00 AM, 65 firefighters responded to a fire that happened in the 700 block of Glasgow Street, in Cambridge. According to officials, the preliminary cause is ruled accidental by unattended cooking in the kitchen. The fire was apparently under control within 90 minutes.

Fire officials report that the estimated total loss is $100,000.
 

Categories: Local News, Maryland

More: