Officials: Wicomico Co. fire ruled accidental, causes nearly $200K in damages

Photo courtesy of Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal

No one was injured after officials say a house fire caused nearly $200,000 in damages, in Quantico.

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal says on Friday, just after 3:00 PM, the Westside Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 5400 block of Sandy Hill Road. Officials say 25- firefighters put the fire under control in one hour. 

Authorities ruled the fire as accidental, and they say the incident was caused by unattended cooking. No one was injured in the blaze.

According to officials, the estimated total loss is $180,000.
 

Categories: Local News, Maryland

More: