Officials: One injured after kitchen fire in Talbot Co.

A woman was hospitalized, after officials say she was injured as a result of a kitchen fire, in Talbot County.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says on Wednesday, just after 1:00 PM, a fire happened at a home in the 10800 block of Hiners Lane, in Easton. 

According to the report, a woman was cooking on a gas stove when she noticed that her shirt had ignited. The victim reportedly extinguished the fire and called 911. 

Paramedic 90 and 93 (Trappe Volunteer Fire Department) responded to the fire.

Officials report the victim sustained second and third degree burns to her upper arm, shoulder and back. 

The victim was initially removed from the scene and taken to University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton for evaluation. She was then apparently taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for further treatment of her injuries.

The victim's condition was last reported as stable.

Categories: Local News, Maryland

More: