Deputies: Ridgely man suffers burns after igniting trash in burn pile using gasoline

Officials say that a man was taken to Johns Hopkins after suffering burn injuries in Ridgely, on Monday morning.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, deputies responded to a home on Saw Mill Road in Ridgely at 11:30 AM on Monday morning, for the report of a 25-year-old man with a flash burn injury.

Deputies learned that the victim suffered first and second degree burn injuries to his arms, head and face after igniting trash in an outside burn pile using gasoline. 

The victim was initially treated at the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center in Easton but he was later taken via ambulance to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for further treatment.

The victim was reported to be in stable condition when he was transported. The victim reportedly self-extinguished the fire. The fire was discovered by the victim and it began in a trash burn pile.

Categories: Local News, Maryland