Three arrested after alleged robbery and police chase in Easton

Three men were arrested, after police say they were involved in a electronic store robbery and a vehicle chase, in Easton.

The Easton Police Department says on Friday, around 1:41 PM, officers responded to the AT&T store, on Marlboro Avenue, in reference to a robbery that just happened, in Easton. Dispatch reportedly informed police that the suspect was in a tan vehicle with Washington, DC tags. While responding to the scene, officers say they noticed the suspect vehicle stopped on the Easton bypass at Route 50, waiting for the light to turn. As the light turned green, the vehicle reportedly continued onto westbound Route 50 and did not stop as officers attempted to pull over the vehicle.

According to the report, at that point, a vehicle pursuit began. The Talbot County Sheriff's Office reportedly assisted in the pursuit. Authorities report that the suspect vehicles then went east onto Route 309 as a Maryland State Trooper put down stop sticks. Missing the stop sticks, the suspect vehicle apparently continued onto Route 309. Police say the vehicle then tried to turn onto Old Queen Anne Highway where the vehicle lost control and crashed into a field. All of the suspects then reportedly exit the car and flee into the field. Although pursued by Easton Police Officers, Talbot County Deputies and Maryland State Police Troopers, police say the suspects were able to get away in the fields.

According to authorities, around 4:30 PM, multiple agencies including the Talbot County Sheriff's Office, Maryland State Police (Aviation, K-9 Units), Easton and Centreville barracks, Caroline County Sheriff's Office, Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office and Department of Natural Resource assisted in creating a parameter where 25-year-old Wade Simms of Washington, DC and 26-year-old Shaborn Ryals, of Capitol Heights, MD, were found hiding in an overgrown field. Police say around 7:15 PM, 25-year-old Earl Robinson, of Washington, DC, was found in the same vicinity. All three suspects were arrested.

After further investigation, authorities learned that Robinson, Simms, and Ryals went into the At&T store and started to steal Apple iPhone 8's, tablets, and other cell phones. According to the report, employees and customers notice the theft and one customer approached the suspects. at that point, one suspect then reportedly said to stop chasing them or they will shoot as he grabbed his waistband like he was reaching for a weapon. The suspects then backed off and fled the scene.

After their arrests, Easton Police learned that Ryals is wanted through the Prince George's County Sheriff's Office for failing to appear on the charge of escape second degree. He is also reportedly wanted through the state of Virginia for violation of probation.

In reference to this incident, Robinson, Simms, and Ryals were robbery, theft: $1,000.00 to $10,000.00, and conspiracy. Ryals was charged with an additional count of assault second degree.

Simms and Ryals were held at the Talbot County Detention Center without bond. Robinson was held on temporary committal.

Categories: Local News, Maryland