Solar Eclipse 2017: Shipping Box Viewer
Using a old shipping box is another easy and fun way to view the upcoming solar eclipse.
If you missed the chance to grab a pair of solar eclipse glasses, 47 ABC has one more fun and easy way for you to create your own solar eclipse viewer.
Here is a list of items that you will need:
- Shipping Box
- White Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Push Pen
- Cut two square holes on one side of the box. One hole needs to be at the top left hand corner and the other in the bottom right hand corner.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to cover the top left square hole. * Make sure there are no wrinkles in the foil and tape it down to secure it.
- Next, take your white piece of paper and place it inside of the box directly across from the holes. Tape the paper inside.
- Close the box and tape it shut to insure that no light will appear in other spots, other than the hole.
- Lastly, take your push pin and make a small hole in the center, for the sun to shine through.
Make sure to have your back facing the bright light and to look through the right hand corner opening to see the eclipse through your very own viewer.
* Do not look directly at the sun during the solar eclipse without protective lenses.