Voluntary recall of Sabra hummus
A local grocery chain has announced a recall of some hummus varieties, due to listeria concerns.
Following a recall by the Sabra Dipping Company, Giant Food says they have pulled certain Sabra hummus items off the shelves, because of potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Sabra Hummus Classic, 10 oz., UPC 4082201114
- Sabra Hummus Basil Pesto, 10 oz., UPC 4082202011
- Sabra Hummus Lemon Twist, 10 oz., UPC 4082201164
- Sabra Hummus Caramelized Onion with Paprika, 10 oz., UPC 4082201470
- Sabra Hummus Olive Tapanade, 10 oz., UPC 4082201134
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Pine Nut, 10 oz., UPC 4082201174
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper, 10 oz., UPC 4082201154
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic, 10 oz., UPC 4082201124
- Sabra Hummus Sun Dried Tomato, 10 oz., UPC 4082201473
- Sabra Hummus Supremely Spicy, 10 oz., UPC 4082201144
- Sabra Hummus Spinach & Artichoke, 10 oz., UPC 4082202754
- Sabra Hummus Zesty 3 Pepper Chili, 10 oz., UPC 4082234404
- Sabra Hummus Taco Inspired with Pico de Gallo, 10 oz., UPC 4082234367
- Sabra Hummus Classic Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201749
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Pine Nut Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082299001
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201750
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201751
- Sabra Hummus Singles Classics, 12 oz., UPC 4082234272
- Sabra Hummus Singles Roasted Red Pepper, 12 oz., UPC 4082234273
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic, 7 oz., UPC 4082201123
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper, 7 oz., UPC 4082201243
- Sabra Spreads Garlic Herb, 8.5 oz., UPC 4082234313
- Sabra Spreads Honey Mustard, 8.5 oz., UPC 4082234312
- Sabra Spreads Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, 8.5 oz., UPC 4082234311
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Roasted Garlic, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201199
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Roasted Red Pepper, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201196
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Classic, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201195
- Sabra Party Platter Selects, 18.6 oz., UPC 73643685152
- Fresh Vegetable Tray with Classic Hummus, 24 oz., UPC 68826718033
Giant says they haven’t received any reports of illnesses at this time.
Officials say that Listeria is a common organism found in nature, but that eating food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis, but according to Officials, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea, and fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Those who have purchased the Sabra products listed above, should throw away any unused portions, and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Questions about the recall can be directed to Sabra Consumer Relations at 1-866-265-6761 or Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426.