After almost a week straight of temperatures in the mid to upper 80s, we are finally seeing more fall-like conditions! September started out with cooler temperatures in the low 70s, but the majority of the month recorded highs in the 80s. So far, the average temperature this month was 70.8 degrees, which is 2.1 degrees above average. According to the Climate Prediction Center, the next 2 weeks will remain above average, with our average highs being in the low 70s. A long-term 3 month outlook from the Climate Prediction Center is also forecasting above average temperatures through December.
As far as rainfall for the month of September, we are well below average. We only received 2.05” of rain this month, which is 1.66” below average. An area of high pressure will keep our area mainly dry for the next week or more. The Climate Prediction Center is expecting average rainfall for Delmarva through December.
If you’re excited to finally see some fall weather on the shore, you’re in luck! Temperatures will be in the low to mid 70s through the middle of next week along with mostly sunny skies.
- Md. Governor makes it official: he's running for re-election
- DSP: Probationer arrested after over 1,700 bags of heroin were found in Sussex Co.
- Deputies: Body found outside Accomack Co. home; investigation ongoing
- House Democrat joins ranks of those not seeking re-election in Del.
- Garland Hayward: Teaching the Children
- Judge says Va. must keep death row reforms in place