If May seemed like a rainy month to you, you’re right! Salisbury actually recorded rain 20 out of 31 days. That’s 65% of the month! In total, we received 5.08” of rain for the month. The average amount of rain we typically see is 3.62” so we were 1.46” above average.
As far as temperatures go, our warmest high was 91 degrees on the 17th. The coldest nights we saw this month were on the 8th and 9th, where temperatures dipped to 42 degrees. Our average temperature of combined highs and lows this month was 62.6 degrees. Interestingly, that’s exactly what is average for the month of May! So temperature wise, we saw a typical May.
If you’re sick of the rain, there is some good news! The Climate Prediction Center recently came out with their 6-10 day precipitation and temperature outlooks. In the long term, they are predicting a normal amount of rain for Delmarva. As far as temperatures go, below average temperatures are expected. It should be noted that this doesn’t mean that every day will feature below average temperatures; some warm days are still expected!
- Del. man charged in connection to 2017 homicide investigation
- Baltimore prosecutors drop 187 cases involving corrupt officers
- School District arms teachers with rocks in case of school shooter
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death