OCEAN CITY, Md. - On Wednesday Richard Worble in Ocean City was awarded a citation by the Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, known as DLLR for forgoing above and beyond in service of the eastern shore.
Richard Worble has worked for DLLR for seven years; inspecting amusement attractions like go carts, park rides, inflatable rides, and water rides to insure that they comply with state and manufacturer regulations.
47 ABC joined DLLR today at the Jolly Roger Amusement Park for what appeared to be a typical inspection of the facility but was actually an award ceremony.
"I was completely shocked," said Richard. "I thought it was going to be presented to Jolly Rogers for something they had done but they passed it over to me."
Richard's boss, Rob Gavel, tells 47 ABC that he has always shown, through his efforts, a willingness to work with the industry and their customers to make life easier on them.
We asked Worble what he saw himself doing in 20 years and he said if he's lucky - the exact same thing.
- GOP Health Plan in Virginia
- Road shuts down after crash involving tractor trailer
- Del. girl who fell from NY amusement park ride out of hospital
- Teen charged with resisting arrest, drug offenses after $5k in damages to Crisfield PD
- Two charged after allegedly throwing drugs from a moving car
- Police looking for two suspects after Dover armed robbery