OCEAN CITY, Md. - On Wednesday Richard Worble in Ocean City was awarded a citation by the Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, known as DLLR for forgoing above and beyond in service of the eastern shore.
Richard Worble has worked for DLLR for seven years; inspecting amusement attractions like go carts, park rides, inflatable rides, and water rides to insure that they comply with state and manufacturer regulations.
47 ABC joined DLLR today at the Jolly Roger Amusement Park for what appeared to be a typical inspection of the facility but was actually an award ceremony.
"I was completely shocked," said Richard. "I thought it was going to be presented to Jolly Rogers for something they had done but they passed it over to me."
Richard's boss, Rob Gavel, tells 47 ABC that he has always shown, through his efforts, a willingness to work with the industry and their customers to make life easier on them.
We asked Worble what he saw himself doing in 20 years and he said if he's lucky - the exact same thing.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »