WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. - Senator Barbara Mikulski announced this past week she plans to invest another $7 million dollars of the federal budget to the NASA Wallops Island Flight Facility's twenty first Century launch complex.
Although the facility is in Virginia, Mikulski said the NASA facility provides more than 1,500 jobs to Marylanders.
"In Maryland, science is jobs. Scientific innovation creates jobs and economic growth through innovative products and new businesses" Mikulski said. "At Space Port Wallops, we see a close partnership between federal and state agencies along with the private sector working together to create jobs today and jobs tomorrow."
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission