Dagsboro Shed Fire Causes $80K In Damages, Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Dagsboro Shed Fire Causes $80K In Damages, Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

DAGSBORO, Del. - A large fire that started with an appliance in a shed on Monday morning in Dagsboro, has been ruled accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze broke out around 7:30 AM at a home on Moore Street. The Dagsboro Fire Company worked to extinguish the flames that were engulfing a shed, and the home nearby. Deputy Fire Marshals investigated, and found that the fire started inside the shed, before it spread to the house.

The blaze was reportedly caused by an electrical malfunction with the electrical service powering a freezer. The heavy damage to the home and shed are estimated at $80,000. No injuries were reported from the occupied home, which was equipped with smoke alarms.

The American Red Cross Delmarva Region is lending their assistance to the home's nine residents, by providing a safe place to stay, food, and clothing.

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Saturday, August 30 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-08-31 03:39:26 GMT
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
  • Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:56 GMT
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
  • Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:16 GMT
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.