Police Save Woman From Dog Attack - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Police Save Woman From Dog Attack

Posted: Updated:

CENTERVILLE, Md. - Man's best friend turned into a woman's worst enemy Sunday morning in

According to police, 64 year old Doris Airey was bitten by a pit bull mix when she was trying to break up a fight between two family dogs.

When TFC Robert Isabelle, of the Centreville Barrack, arrived to the home, around 8:00 a.m., a Maryland State Trooper stunned the dog with pepper spray  for a moment, before it charged back at the woman.

That's when the trooper fired one deadly shot at the dog, just three feet from Airey, who was later taken to Queen Anne's Emergency Medical Center for treatment.

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Head-On Car Crash Kills 3 In Accomack

    Saturday, August 30 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-08-31 03:39:26 GMT
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
    ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A head-on collision has taken the lives of three after a drunk driver struck a car holding six people. The drunk driver, who was driving a van, has been arrested for DUI. The crashMore >>
  • Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Family of Deceased Magnolia Man Speaks Out

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:56 GMT
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
    MAGNOLIA, De. - It's been a somber week for one Magnolia family, as unidentified human remains found across state lines turned out to be that of their missing loved one.More >>
  • Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Wyoming Delaware House Fire

    Saturday, August 30 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-08-31 02:54:16 GMT
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
    WYOMING, Del. - An accidental fire damaged a two-story Wyoming Delaware home. After an extension cord failed and ignited materials, black smoke began to rise from the bedroom window around 2 PM. NoMore >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.