Chicken House Fire In Pittsville Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Chicken House Fire In Pittsville Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

PITTSVILLE, Md. - A propane furnace looks to be to blame, for a morning chicken house fire in Pittsville.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the owner discovered the blaze around 7:25 AM on Thursday, inside of a 30' x 300' poultry house on Friendship Road. Forty firefighters from four area departments responded, and reportedly had the flames under control in an hour.

No one was injured during the incident. Damages are estimated at $200,000. Officials say they have ruled the fire accident, as it was started by a propane furnace.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.