Official: Princess Anne Fire Accidental, Started As Brush Fire - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Official: Princess Anne Fire Accidental, Started As Brush Fire

Posted: Updated:

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - A Wednesday afternoon fire that destroyed a Princess Anne home and left one firefighter injured started as a brush fire.

The Maryland Fire State Marshal's Office says that the occupant of the 12656 Ebby Road home was burning a brush pile and left the pile unattended. The fire reportedly spread from the garage to the home.

Princess Anne Fire Company was called to Ebby Road just after 4 PM for a structure fire. One firefighter was treated at Peninsula Regional Medical Center for heat exhaustion and 10 others were treated on scene.

Fire officials say heat exhaustion is a major concern for the summer season.

The fire was ruled accidental.

The home was reportedly a total loss with damages estimated at $500,000. Officials say there was only one occupant in the home who was not injured.

The occupant of the home, is being assisted by The American Red Cross Delmarva Region, by providing a safe place to stay, food, clothing, and a comfort kit. Officials say along with the American Red Cross, the Princess Anne Ladies Auxiliary and EMS to provide the emergency personnel on the scene with water, a cooling station, and food.

  • Local NewsDelmarva HeadlinesMore>>

  • Delaware Reports 1st Case Of Mosquito Virus

    Delaware Reports 1st Case Of Mosquito Virus

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:41 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:41:20 GMT
    DOVER, Del. (AP) - Public health officials say Delaware has recorded its first case of a mosquito-borne virus that has been spreading in the U.S. from the Caribbean.More >>
    DOVER, Del. (AP) - Public health officials say Delaware has recorded its first case of a mosquito-borne virus that has been spreading in the U.S. from the Caribbean.More >>
  • Protect Your Home From Lightning Damage

    Protect Your Home From Lightning Damage

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:20 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:20:41 GMT
    CAMBRIDGE, Md- With the recent storms, and the ever-present potential for more throughout the summer, lightning poses major threat to homes.More >>
    CAMBRIDGE, Md- With the recent storms, and the ever-present potential for more throughout the summer, lightning poses major threat to homes.More >>
  • Salisbury's Christian Shelter Gets A Facelift

    Salisbury's Christian Shelter Gets A Facelift

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:09 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:09:19 GMT
    SALISBURY, Md- After rumors of a possible closure that would mean Salisbury's homeless population would have one less place to turn, the Christian Shelter is stepping forward saying they're not closing, but improvingMore >>
    SALISBURY, Md- After rumors of a possible closure that would mean Salisbury's homeless population would have one less place to turn, the Christian Shelter is stepping forward saying they're not closing, they're improving.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.