SEAFORD, Del. - The city of Seaford's annual clean-up week will kick off on Monday in order to improve the appearance of the city.
According to the city's website, during the week, the staff of the Public Works Department will haul away unwanted materials for city residents only. Heavy materials such as stoves, furniture, and cement pipes will be collected separately. Officials are asking that bags and containers not weigh more than 50 pounds when filled, and to use disposable containers because they will not be returned. City officials say they will not remove any debris from work by a private contractor.
City officials are also asking to:
- NOT PLACE LEAVES, LIMBS, TWIGS OR GRASS CLIPPINGS ON THE CURBLINE DURING CLEAN-UP WEEK. NORMAL PICKUP OF THESE ITEMS WILL RESUME THE WEEK AFTER CLEAN-UP WEEK.
- NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE, PAINTS OR HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS WILL BE PICKED UP. CALL DELAWARE SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY FOR PROPER DISPOSAL OF HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE AT 800-904-7080.
- NO FREEZERS, REFRIDGERATORS, AIR CONDITIONERS OR OTHER APPLIANCES WHICH CONTAIN, OR MAY HAVE CONTAINED, FREON WILL BE PICKED UP.
The city will follow this pick-up schedule:
- Monday, May 12th - East of Front Street, Mearfield
- Tuesday, May 13th - Front Street., to the RR tracks, including Virginia Commons, Wilmar Village and Hurley Heights
- Wednesday, May 14th - RR tracks to Nylon Blvd.
- Thursday, May 15th - Martin Farms, Westview and Parson's Village
- Friday, May 16th - Woodside Manor, Belle Ayre, Governor's Grant