Felton Storage Building Fire Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Felton Storage Building Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

FELTON, Del. - A building fire that happened in Felton on Thursday afternoon, has apparently been ruled accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze started just after 1:00 PM at a building in the 7000 block of Canterbury Road. According to the report, the Felton Community Fire Company responded, after the building's occupants called, and found heavy flames and smoke coming from the large storage structure.

Fire crews had the flames under control just before 2:00 PM. Felton reportedly received assistance from several neighboring fire companies. The Deputy State Fire Marshal apparently determined the blaze was accidental, and was caused by an electrical failure.

Officials say the building was used to store equipment used to maintain the property. There was heavy fire damage to both the building and its contents, according to the report. The Fire Marshal's Office says no one was injured, and damages are estimated at $50,000.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
  • Free Tuition Contest

    Free Tuition Contest

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.