House Fire In Clayton Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

House Fire In Clayton Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

CLAYTON, Del. - A Clayton house fire has been ruled accidental, after causing $25,000 in damages.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was reported shortly before 8:00 PM on Tuesday, on Clayton Delaney Road. When the Clayton Fire Company arrived on scene, they reportedly found smoke coming from the 2 story home, but were able to quickly contain the fire to a second floor bedroom.

It took crews about a half hour to control, and no injures were reported. Investigators say the blaze started in that 2nd floor bedroom, and started because of an electrical failure in the homes fixed wiring. The Red Cross is assisting the home's occupants.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The 47 ABC "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
  • Free Tuition Contest

    Free Tuition Contest

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.