Trappe House Fire Reportedly Caused By Thawing Frozen Pipes - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Trappe House Fire Reportedly Caused By Thawing Frozen Pipes

Posted: Updated:

TRAPPE, Md. - Officials say a Trappe home was set on fire while someone was attempting to thaw frozen pipes.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started around 4:40 PM on Thursday, in the crawl space of the Howell Point Road home.

The blaze, which was reportedly discovered by a neighbor, took 25 firefighters from four departments, 20 minutes to control. Damages are estimated at $30,000. No one was injured during the incident.

Officials have ruled the fire accidental, and say it was the result of a commercial style heater being used to thaw frozen pipes in the crawl space of the home. The occupant is reportedly being assisted by the American Red Cross.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Winter Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.