Accidental House Fire In Bethel Causes $125,000 In Damages - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Accidental House Fire In Bethel Causes $125,000 In Damages

Posted: Updated:

BETHEL, Del. - A house fire in Bethel on Wednesday night, has been ruled accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze started just after 6:00 PM at a home on Vine Street, and was extinguished by Laurel, Blades, and Seaford Fire Companies.

An investigation showed that the fire started around the chimney connected to the home's heater, and that a malfunction had sparked the blaze. Investigators ruled it accidental. Heavy fire damage was estimated at $125,000. No injuries were reported.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Spring Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.