Magnolia Mobile Home Fire Reportedly Caused By Occupant Thawing - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Magnolia Mobile Home Fire Reportedly Caused By Occupant Thawing Pipes

Posted: Updated:

MAGNOLIA, Del. - An occupant in Magnolia trying to thaw out his pipes, ended up accidentally setting his house on fire.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started around 10:50 AM on Tuesday, while the occupant was under the Boyd Drive manufactured home, using a handheld heating device to thaw frozen water pipes. An investigation showed combustibles ignited under the home.

When crews arrived on scene, and found heavy fire both inside and underneath the mobile home. Damages are estimated at $25,000. No injures were reported, and the Red Cross is assisting the home's occupants.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal urges home owners and occupants to use extreme caution when using any heating device to thaw frozen water pipes.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Survey Contest Winners

    Survey Contest Winners

    Below find the winners of our Survey Contest:Winners of a $100 Giant Gift card:Survey # 1 - Ollie GravenorSurvey # 2 - Carey SenterSurvey # 3 -TBASurvey # 4 - TBAGrand Prize winner of a $1000 CarnivalMore >>
    Click here for a list of winnersMore >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.