Cordova House Fire Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Cordova House Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

CORDOVA, Md. - A Cordova family is mourning the loss of six dogs, after a furnace malfunction reportedly caused their house to go up in flames.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the first started just before 11:00 AM, on the utility room of the Church Lane home. The two alarm blaze reportedly took forty firefighters from nine different fire departments, two hours to control.

The fire has been ruled accidental, and was apparently caused by a malfunction with the home's furnace. Total damages are estimated at $130,000. Officials say the occupants of the home were not there at the time of the fire, it was discovered by a passerby. No one was injured in the blaze, but six dogs died.

The American Red Cross Delmarva Region is assisting the family of three a safe place to stay, food, clothing including winter garments, and comfort kits.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Winter Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.