Woodstove Carelessness Reported Cause Of Nanticoke House Fire - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Woodstove Carelessness Reported Cause Of Nanticoke House Fire

Posted: Updated:

NANTICOKE, Md. - Officials say carelessness is to blame for a house going up in flames on Saturday morning in Nanticoke.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started around 5:55 AM, in the woodstove of the 2619 Spring Lane home. The blaze took 50 firefighters, from Westside, Hebron, and Mardela, an hour to control, and left behind $55,000 in total damages.

Officials say the fire started because of careless introduction of a flammable liquid into the home's woodstove, and has been ruled as accidental. No one was injured during the incident.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Spring Gas Giveaway

    Spring Gas Giveaway

    Let WMDT fill up your tank! It's time for our Winter Gas Giveaway! More >>
    Enter for your chance to win a $100 Exxon/Mobil Gas Card!More >>
  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The WMDT 47 "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.