Saturday House Fire In Salisbury Ruled Accidental - 47 ABC - Delmarva's Choice

Saturday House Fire In Salisbury Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury house fire has been ruled accidental, after reportedly causing $85,000 in damages.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze started just before 1:50 AM on Saturday, in the attic of the two story 314 Martin Street home. It reportedly took 45 firefighters from three Salisbury Departments, plus Fruitland, an hour and a half to control.

No one was injured, and total damages are estimated at $85,000. Officials have ruled the cause as accidental, stating it was due to an electrical arching in wire connection.

The American Red Cross Delmarva Region is assisting the family of four by providing them with a safe place to stay, food, clothing, and comfort kits.

  • ContestsMore>>

  • Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    Teacher Who Makes A Difference

    The WMDT 47 Teachers Who Make a Difference Contest is Sponsored by Accurate Optical: "Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school." Each month weMore >>
    The 47 ABC "Teachers Who Make a Difference" Sponsored by Accurate Optical Encouraging children of all ages to come in for an annual eye exam to help them see better in school.More >>
  • Free Tuition Contest

    Free Tuition Contest

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMDT. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.